Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is SAGEnow?
SAGEnow is a video counselling platform that makes professional counseling services available anytime, anywhere, through a smartphone, or video enabled tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Are video consultations private?
Video consultations are encrypted and the content of the video is never recorded or stored anywhere.
SAGEnow complies with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and all equivalent personal health information protection legislation in Canada.
Who are the counsellors?
Counsellors on SAGEnow are properly credentialed, highly experienced, and registered Master or Doctorate level professionals.
Are video consultations covered by health insurance?
Coverage and benefits for counseling services are different from one health insurance company to another and from plan to plan, but generally the mental health is covered.
If you consider using your health insurance, please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Does my health insurance benefits cover psychologists, or social workers or counselors?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
How long before I can initially see a counsellor?
Appointments are usually available within five (5) business days or sooner.
You choose your time availability based on calendars made available by the counselors. Your appointment request will be confirmed within 1 business day of your service request.
Can I choose my counsellor or are they assigned?
When booking your initial appointment, you can choose a counsellor based on their specializations, language of service, and their next available opening. If you prefer to choose your appointment by the next available time, we will choose the best counsellor for you.
How can I get started with SAGEnow?
To get you started we will guide you through the following steps:
- Filling out our four-question intake form to request the service
- Choosing a counsellor, and/or choosing the next available session time
- Entering your name, email, phone, and payment information
I'm a licensed counsellor. How can I provide services using SAGEnow?
Private practice professionals or agencies that provide counselling services, and meet SAGEnow qualification requirements, have the opportunity to receive SAGEnow client referrals.